Augmented Reality is a relatively new technology that can be utilised in any industry to enhance business operations and improve customer relationships.
Many forward thinking startups and corporate companies are looking at using AR for their business to gain a strategic advantage over their competitors and provide their customers with an innovative and engaging user experience.
At Red C, our Research and Development team are currently focusing on developing Augmented Reality apps that provide users with new and exciting ways of achieving every day tasks. For example, we have recently developed Where's my cAR? - an app that detects when you stop driving and stores the location. But that's not all - bringing up the app will show you in AR exactly where your car is with a handy marker. You can even spilt the screen with a traditional map if you'd prefer.
Ideas of how AR could be used in different industries:
- Educational AR allows training medics to look around a specific part of the body and tap the screen to learn more. This could work for all areas of education and training from to history sources to scientific experiments.
- Retail AR allows users to experience something before they buy it online. For example, imagine you wanted to try on a piece of jewellery from the comfort of your home to see how it fit before you bought it.
- Food and Drink AR allows users to see how their meal/drink is made and how it looks before ordering it, helping to solidify their decision on what to order.
- Sports AR allows users in the crowd at a match to point their phone at the pitch to pull up detailed match statistics that would only usually be available on TV.
- Construction AR allows architects to map out how a building might look and fit into its surroundings.
- Art AR allows users to go on a virtual tour of the city learning about street art, or learning about
Read our article to find out more on How Augmented Reality could transform your business.
Get in touch to discuss AR development.